Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: polar opposites
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17453&mesg_id=17494
17494, RE: polar opposites
Posted by Shimmy, Sat Mar-10-01 05:04 PM
I think we could take all day--and probably all the space on the board to illustrate our differences in opinions....

I come from a pagan perspective, heavily influenced by Zen Buddhism.
I think myself to be very spiritual--but my only rule is "do what you will, harm none"
Personal responsibility, which I take very seriously.

When I read your posts, I feel constriction and judgement.

I guess my philosophy is on the other end of the spectrum---but it works for me.

And I suppose that is my point ultimately....North America(I'm in Canada) affords a person like me the ability to express myself without MUCH backlash...I'm not trying to demean the struggle of many women in our society, but for me personally , I feel very free.

I also take full advantage of those opportunities.I lead what you would probably consider a very sinful life, but
I'm prepared to settle with my maker when the time comes.

You and I have chosen different paths, obviously you feel very committed to your understanding of truth.
I feel though, if you truly believe a woman DESERVES to be assaulted based on the clothing she opted to wear, I'm not sure I wish to have any further dialogue.

You are entitled to your opinion,but I think that any idea not fed to you thru the Mosque will fall on deaf ears.

Blessed Be

Shimmy