Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Treatment of Women in America
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17453&mesg_id=17491
17491, RE: The Treatment of Women in America
Posted by abduhu, Fri Mar-09-01 03:16 PM
>
>I believe in one and only
>one God, and that is
>all anyone needs to know.
>

bismillah

the burqa: i was going to say that you were one of the many women who wants to be muslim, but doesnt want to cover, but since you said you're not muslim, it doesnt matter.

now as far as the taliban making women cover up: the muslim women HAVE TO. the non muslim women under the rule of an islamic state has to dress in a decent manner. and lets say, even though this is not the case, a non muslim woman in Afghanistan wanted to wear a t-shirt and shorts. it aint happening. this would cause a stir in the society, like it does here. and might lead to prblems like divorce, diseases from unmarried sex, rape, etc.

the point: under islamic rule (which afghanistan is under), non muslims are free to do what ever they want to, inside their home. but there are rules outside the home.
Ex: if they let christians publicly celebrate christmas, this might lead some of the weak muslims to want to join them, thereby breaking the islamic society that was supposed to be established in the first place.

whatever the taliban does that is not ordained by Allah, i dont suppport it.

im truly sorry for any thing that the taliban did that according to islam they shouldnt have done, but as long as they say la ilaha illa Allah (there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah), they are my brothers, just like the muslim down the street with the gas station sellin alcohol.

sining, but still a muslim.
make bad choices and decisions, but still a muslim.
muslim until they say "im not muslim", and this is what he/she really believes in their heart.