Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: appreciative, but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17453&mesg_id=17457
17457, RE: appreciative, but
Posted by abduhu, Thu Mar-08-01 11:12 AM
>what's with the attitude?
>
>other countries are fucked up.
>
>our country is fucked up.
>
>and?
>
>do u always have to be
>so defensive?

i'm sorry, but i have to be. its a religious obligation of mine to be defensive of my brothers. and besides, nobody else is.

>don't take it
>personally.

wouldnt you take it personally if someone was doggin a member of your family?

Allah says in his Glorious Qur'an:
10. The Believers are but a SINGLE BROTHERHOOD: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.

i posted the post so the "pointers"would stop and think for a min., instead of just talkin out the side of they neck.

sure, the media is helpful in helping us all to attain info about a particular subject, but does it help us understand?

and as im sure you are aware of, this post stemmed from the "buddhas in afghanistan" post, where everyone started straying off the path of the original subject, and just started raving and ranting about how the taliban is treating women, totally irrelevant to the subject. therefore, i was not neccessary to point it out. but since indivs. insisted, i insisted.

all im am trying to say in a nutshell is,....
we all should get the facts straight, b4 we speak.

i dont make comments about stuff-positive or negative-b/c i dont really know what to say.

i could just put something outthere, but for the ones w/ the knowledge, i would look ignorant, and would probably wind up having to retract what i said.

p.s.: im glad yall appreciated it. it wasnt just a snap back at the masses, it was something real. the prob. here is real, and will continue to be as long as we have posts like "b... better have my money", "where is the craziest place you have ever....",
"how to roll a blunt",..etc..

freedom of speech is wonderful, but at whose expense?
freedom of speech is great, but there is some speech that should never be allowed to be freed from one's mouth!

b easy

subhanakallahumma wabihamdika ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka waatuubu ilaika