Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectdon't sleep
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17305&mesg_id=17307
17307, don't sleep
Posted by BooDaah, Tue Mar-13-01 07:09 AM
>I see that this isnt really
>an objective of People on
>OKplayer.

you were cool until this point. the problem you completely miss (which i believe is discussed somewhere within the archives...hint...hint) is that Black people come from a myriad of cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies. Colored skin doesn't necessarily a brother or sister make, nahmeen?

To paint the readers/posters of OKP with such a broad brush is divide and conquer because you're still playing the "me/we vs. you game". You're part of the "People on OKplayer", so your statement is faulty from the gitgo.

I say, plant your seed. If the soil is fertile for the kind of growth you want, fruit will be produced. If (which may very well happen) no one is interested in building with you you have two choices: leave, and the "problem(s)" won't get any bvetter or stay, keep planting and hope that something you've brought up/forward will spark something.

I admire nappiness, wbgirl, and many others here because regardless of the amount (or lack) of support they get, they keep on plugging.

I feel your pain, but after reading your response about "crying and complaining" i think you may very well have done/become that about which you speak.

be careful, because sometimes there is a thin line between examining an issue and taking part in it.

stay blessed, and keep moving.

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
BooDaah-OkayActivist Moderator
(see Candy1's sig about what that means)
** PLEASE READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES:
http://www.okayplayer.com/guidelines.html
-----------------------------
Sister SheRise's Activist Stew Recipe:
Step1:inform yourself step/Step2:inform others/Step3:discuss the problem/Step4: DISCUSS SOLUTIONS/Step5:EXECUTE SOLUTIONS/Step6:evaluate the results/Step7:start over at 1 until desired result is accomplished.
-----------------------------
"What are we as African Americans? Let's really examine how we are contributing to the projection of our own images of ourselves. What are we really willing to give up? Our integrity? The honor of our community, just for some money? "-Jada