Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectsolving causes, not effects
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17305&mesg_id=17306
17306, solving causes, not effects
Posted by aliSUPREME, Tue Mar-13-01 06:46 AM
Peace,
I want to thank You nappiness for bringing up this very REAL issue. "If We think We are free, We will never be"Dead Prez. Unity at this point is so critical to Black People. ALL Black People. Muslims, Christians, Rastas, Nation of Gods and Earths,Kappas, Alphas, Sigmas, New Yorkers, ATLiens, Cali Peoples We are so caught up in what someone believes in and where they are from and will base Our interaction based on those type criteria. Its a fine tuned "divide and conquer" tactic. There was a discussion last month about what is REAL Islam versus what was just a "sect" and I was trying to get the People involved in that thread to note that We shouldnt keep finding new ways of dividing Ourselves from each other. Whether You are part of a sect or are the REAL Islamic doesnt matter because Our REAL focus should be breaking these chains of oppression.
I see that this isnt really an objective of People on OKplayer. This thread has been here a day and I am the first Person to reply. I guess if You were talking about solving effects(like that tired argument Men vs Women) You would get some responses. It just shows We dont want solutions We just want to cry and moan about them. Circle thinking. Again thank You nappiness.Peace