Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectman, this school shit is a joke...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=1713&mesg_id=1713
1713, man, this school shit is a joke...
Posted by iLLoGiCz, Sat Apr-03-04 08:09 AM
any other college okp's feel the same way??

i just feel like i am wasting my time and money for shit that doesn't apply to me half the time (better yet, 90% of the time).. AND i'm a sociology major, so you'd think it would be better for me.. but, professors just be up there, talkin.. not sayin anything forreal.. just talkin.. tellin us what's wrong with the world, and to analyze these problems (like we don't already know)..

but what does that do??

that inspires us students to grow up to be writers, researchers, and maybe even professors that analyze problems.. then we train others to do the same thing..

this is just an insane cycle that recognizes modern social problems and issues like racism, classism, sexism, etc., but does absolutely NOTHING to resolve said issues/problems.. the only class that has ever really meant anything to me is a pan-african studies course i'm takin this semester.. that's just cause the professor is the illest cat who drops knowledge, but also teaches us that knowledge ain't shit unless it becomes action (it's a course on political violence and resistance - put it this way, we're reading fanon and freire, and learning the tactics of armed struggle as a means of revolution)..

but what do ya'll think??
is college relevant??

peace
liveiLL