Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: and another thing...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16674&mesg_id=16752
16752, RE: and another thing...
Posted by LexM, Fri Mar-16-01 09:43 AM
>and to continue with your perspective;
>how did said knuckleheads come
>to become that? some
>history please. it really
>does matter.

I didn't say it didn't matter. I know it does. It's a vicious cycle. We all need to have a hand in stopping it. At all levels. But you have to admit that some folks, no matter how decent a hand they're dealt in life, just choose to fuck up. But that's neither here nor there. I was just playing devil's advocate, trying to bring some balance to the discussion.

>and since you chose to use
>them, what do you think
>fred hampton's and assatka shakur's
>perspectives would be on the
>police/knucklehead situation?

Now how am I supposed to speak for them? But if I had to give an answer I think they would say there is a way to act against the system and a way not to.

>finally, would you suggest that we
>declare these knuckleheads our enemies
>and feed them to our
>other enemy (i count the
>police/army of the united states
>the enemy of all black
>people. you obviously don't, but
>that's what i mean by
>'our enemy'.

First of all, don't tell me what I "obviously" do or do not think. Check my other posts. Especially the discussion between Solarus and I.

But to answer, no, the knuckleheads are not our enemies, per se. They need choices. They need intervention. And probably a history lesson. But until they can be helped, who's going to protect us from them? I agree, the police/army won't, but do we always protect ourselves?

Someone brought up community policing earlier. The response was that there needs to be a sense of community first. And that is sadly lacking today.

L.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"my mama said/a lady ain't what she wears/but what she knows"~~India Arie

Ignorance: The Verbal Airborne Disease" (c) my friend Ty