Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectReading Comprehension
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16674&mesg_id=16711
16711, Reading Comprehension
Posted by Solarus, Fri Mar-16-01 08:29 PM
Hotep

From "Come to Unity"

"Where are the Black communities? "Hispanic" communities? In most cases there are none."

"Most" does not mean all. If you would read without so readily becoming defensive, you would understand this point. Calm down, noone is attacking your position on "community" (at least I'm not). I'm simply making the point that "policing" one's neighborhood is not an Afrikan concept. Does you home and family need to be "policed?" Does anyone in your family exploit the other by selling them addictive drugs and profitting off of them? Unforntunately this may be the case in some families but not in OUR traditional setting independent of Western influence. What I'm saying is in a COMMUNITY, there would be NO ONE selling his brother, sister, mother, father or child addictive substances or senselessly killing them. This is the point I'm making. This has NOTHING to do with the police. The police are guardians of system. They have taken an oath to serve it. HOwever drug dealers are also guardians to the system and they also took an oath to serve it. The only difference is that the system disguised itself as MONEY to the drug dealer and JUSTICE to the police.

PEace
Solarus

"Activism is the practice of using an internal, self-determining source of power to live one's life and/or enact some sort of change. Power is the ability to define reality, while self-determination is to decide or define one's self. Therefore activism, is not simply something done to right some wrong or to fight some cause but rather it is a way of life. Activism is the way of life where one can define self and change anything that may impede or control the reality that one chooses to live."-Solarus