Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Outside In
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16674&mesg_id=16694
16694, RE: Outside In
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-21-01 09:43 AM
>>>.are u dense?!!!

Relax, tiger.

i've said time and time again...the system can be changed from the outside-in, when people take control of their own communityies

And, doesn't that include electing someone from their community to political office? Someone who creates new legislation and policies with his/her community's concerns in mind.

By the same token, why is it so wrong to have a black police chief working on the inside to help change the system? It's a helluva lot easier that way.

...you don't need a council-man, a police chief or the mayor to do that...

Yeah you do. To change the way the police operate, you need the police chief to put a proposal before city council, who vote on it. Then if that new proposal conflicts with any provincial/federal legislation regarding policing, then they have to amend it, which requires a vote.

So basically you've got a bunch of Anglo politicians voting on issues concerning an ethnic community. Now which way do you think they're gonna vote? Then why not elect some members of that community to act as a catalyst for change?

I don't see how you can change the system completely from the outside. Protests would fall on deaf ears, and if they got large enough the gov't would surely use some dirty tactics to discourage them. Armed uprisings and terrorist attacks would be met with military action on the community, causing death and destruction. etc.

The inside route is easier. Besides, what's so wrong with beating the devil at his own game?

besides i'm not willing to catch a bullet or a beatdown from the cops just so that you can rest easy..

Did I say anything like that? If innocent people are catching bullets them I'm not resting easy mane.

>i think that persons should express
>their disdain for the system
>whether or not they have
>a sure-fire solution..as citizens it
>is not only our right
>but our duty...

Go nuts, protest, it brings change. But you'll never be able to completely overhaul something as massive as policing in the US without people on the inside who are sympathetic to the cause.

>i think i've already said what
>i'm doing in my community,
>if it went over your
>head read my other 30
>posts...

I don't have time to read 30 posts . . . school, ya know?

Just thought I'd throw that in there . . .

Marinera: It's a sauce, not a chick's name, dig?

Giving you true calcio since 1986

AIM: Marinera81
MAIL: jonah_b27@hotmail.com

Check out http://www.greatergood.com Help end world hunger, save the rainforest, help stop AIDS in Africa, help children survive in 3rd world countries, stop breast cancer, and give treatment to landmine victims in less than a minute a day! FOR FREE! NO FORMS TO FILL OUT AND NO STRINGS! REALLY!!!