Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectSympathy for officers?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16674&mesg_id=16674
16674, Sympathy for officers?
Posted by POWER 550, Tue Mar-13-01 11:30 AM
Everyone has to die and I'm the type of person that feels something for someone who dies whether I know them or not. But, recently brought to my atttention in a conversation with several peers. We talked about an issue that happened in our my city.
The situation was that an undercover officer was doing a drug sting and he pulled over this car. What the media tells us he pulled the car over and out of know where from around the corner a guy comes and shoots the officer in the head. The guy tries to run and while another officer was across the street sees the incident and starts to chase the guy about 7 blocks and finally gets close and shoots at the guy running. The officer hit the guy and a little sever yr old girl. A tragedy for the officer yes, but is his death more important than that little seven yr old girl's death? Now, as usual the media will follow this all week blow his funeral up on tv and get all this feedback and sorrow. But, for this little girl she gets nothing. Not saying to glorify her dying or anything but don't neglect her and just label her "common folk" and think she's not good enough. Needless to say happens a lot. At any rate the question came up if we should have sympathy for officers and various answers were given. To sum it up everyone just about was in the middle with it. But tell me what you think.