Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI have a question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16664
16664, I have a question
Posted by wolfie, Mon Mar-26-01 03:37 AM

there's a girl in my dorm who is a vegetarian. she says that she doesn't eat meat because of the suffering of the animals and how it's unfair to them. but, she wears leather products (shoes and belts). she says that in her mind its okay because the parts of the animal are put to good use. but, i don't understand how this is any different from killing an animal for its meat. meat is used for nourishment, vitamens, and energy. in my mind this is a contradiction. can someone please elaborate on this? i'm a little confused by her statements.

on how i feel about vegetarians? i have no real problem with them. three of my close friends are vegetarians, and they don't try to force their ideals on me. i find that at school, i perdominatly eat pasta and salads because i don not like the meat. but, i always find myself craveing meat. i don't eat it that much, but i think that it is still a good product to have in your diet.

"If I had a penny for every thought, I'd have 3 pennies!!" ~SHU

"You'll get toast like a Thomas' and it's a promise kid your English will get muffined" ~Sunz of Man

"If we were made in His image then call us buy our names. Most intellects do not believe in God but they fear us just the same....." ~Erykah Badu

trevor: "Now for your jacket u can have your first name, your last name, or something special"
doug:"That's what i want"
trevor:"What?"
doug:"Something special"
trevor:"You can't have that, it's won't fit!"

Ok guys, the score is 0-0, we're tied. the game hasn't started yet, if we score, we win. Go out there and win!!!!

*DISCLAIMER*
I can't spell

~WOLFIE~