Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Oversights
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16659
16659, RE: Oversights
Posted by guest, Sun Mar-25-01 01:09 PM
>Most primates (in the wild) live
>off a diet of primarily
>plants and some insects. Very
>few (I can't think of
>any) live on a diet
>of raw meat. So you
>statement about humans in the
>wild makes no sense.

I didn't mean that they were carnivores. I meant that a small (sometimes very small) portion of most primates' diets consist of meat. Chimps have been known to eat squirels & rats, same with Baboons. Gorillas even eat other primates! - mostly smaller monkeys. While meat in no way makes up a large portion of their diet, most primates do consume some meat.

>What is Italian eating like?

Well first off, it lowers the risk of heart problems, cancer & other diseases dramatically. It's what's commonly called a Mediterranean diet. High on grains & vegetables, low on meat. Fish & other seafood make up a good portion of the diet as well as pasta. You might go days without eating any meat and when you do it's usually a little chicken mixed in with the pasta.

>"Necessary" is relative to the one's
>desired goals at living.

True enough, which is why I'm not a vegetarian. All of my grandparents have survived to an old age, and are in amazing condition (one grandpappy's still goes to the YMCA three days a week at 84!) eating a Mediterranean diet or following a Kosher diet with some fasting.

Just thought I'd throw that in there . . .

Marinera: It's a sauce, not a chick's name, dig?

Giving you true calcio since 1986

AIM: Marinera81
MAIL: jonah_b27@hotmail.com

Check out http://www.greatergood.com Help end world hunger, save the rainforest, help stop AIDS in Africa, help children survive in 3rd world countries, stop breast cancer, and give treatment to landmine victims in less than a minute a day! FOR FREE! NO FORMS TO FILL OUT AND NO STRINGS! REALLY!!!