Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Oversights
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16655
16655, RE: Oversights
Posted by guest, Sat Mar-24-01 09:59 PM
>Herbivorous (plant-eating) animals like cows, sheep,
>and horses, usually have teeth
>(molars) with broad rigid surfaces
>that work like millstones for
>grinding their food.

TRUE.
>
>Carnivores (meat-eating) animals like cats and
>dogs, generally have sharper, pointed
>incisors and canine teeth used
>to kill their prey and
>tear flesh.
>
TRUE.

>Humans and other mammals, including chimpanzees
>and bears, are omnivores. Omnivores
>eat both meat and vegetable
>matter. Human adults have 32
>teeth total. The front teeth
>are called incisors and are
>blade-like for cutting. We have
>canines for tearing. We also
>have two premolars for grinding
>and three molars in the
>back of the mouth for
>crushing.
>

FALSE.

So very false. Humans are not meant to be omnivores. As I stated before, living an omnivorious life style is the cause of humans suffering from so much sickness and disease AND THINKING THAT THIS SICKNESS AND DISEASE IS NORMAL. Cancer is NOT normal. Arthritis is NOT normal. Diabetes is NOT normal. The common cold is NOT normal.

The only time these illnesses and many others become "normal" or occur regularly is when you are doing something that is not normal for your system. The abnormal activity that causes the majority of these (and other) illnesses is meat eating and really eating any damn thing (being an omnivore). Sickness, illness, and disease is not normal; Health is normal.

If you live a lifestyle of a carnivore or omnivore you will surely suffer from much illness and disease on the regular because your lifestyle (meat eating and eating anything) is not normal. That's not to say that those who are vegatarians NEVER get sick, but I am sure that vegetarians get sick alot less infrequently than carnivorous and omnivorous human beings.

A point of correction. Carnivores have FANGS (not just incisors). The Fangs are the teeth that do most of the tearing and ripping of raw flesh. Humans do not have fangs. We can not chew meat to the point that it's near a liquid state so that it may be easily assimilated into AND THROUGH our long digestive system. (Can anybody say "Colon Cancer"; most vegetarians probably don't even know what that is).

Also, carnivores eat their meat raw (uncooked), because their system is designed to handle the digestion of raw meat. If you want to compare our system to a carnivore or state that we can eat anything (i.e., omnivore), I'd like to see you go out in the bush of Africa and catch a zebra (use a bow and arrow, a spear, a gun, whatever) and eat the flesh of that zebra in it's natuaral state, RAW. Blood, hair, skin and all. This is how carnivores eat their meat.

Not only is the carnivores teeth different from human beings, but their whole system is different. They sweat through their mouth (the reason for open mouth panting on hot days) and they have a much shorter digestive system than humans. These things make meat eating a more natural way of eating for them (i.e., carnivores).

Primates, in their natural condition, typically do not hunt and eat meat. As stated, by Brother Solarus, these animals eat plant life (bananas, melons, nuts, berries, etc...) and bugs. Our physiological make up is closest to primates, so really our diets should be most similar to theirs (as opposed to carnivorous and omnivorous animals).

The only primates that you will see eating meat (on a regular basis, if at all) are the ones in captivity (at the zoo, in the circus, etc.) or those that have been removed from their natural element in some other way, shape, or form.

Lastly, most creatures are NOT omnivores. Bears may be considered omnivores, but the most notorious omnivore is the pig, Mr. Hog, Captain Swine. He's top dog in omnivore eating. I don't dine with pigs and I don't dine like pigs. Really, it's cool for pigs to be omnivorous because they have a system that's capable of ingesting damn near anything and living.

Here's a challenge for you: If you REALLY consider yourself an omnivore, try to match the eating habits of the pig for one week.
How long do you think you would last?

>naturally.

"Truth will make you depart from that which you say you believe." - NaSheed Fakhrid-Deen

"...And we are loved for being ignorant and hated if we are militant..." - Alafia Pudim of the Last Poets.

"The first generation of Negroes were INTIMIDATED BY white supremacy.
The second generation of Negroes WORSHIPPED white supremacy.
The new generation of Negroes IS white supremacy." - "Evolution" by Amiri Baraka