Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOversights
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16653
16653, Oversights
Posted by Solarus, Sat Mar-24-01 03:53 PM
Hotep

>Humans, chimps, gorillas, it doesn't matter.
>
>
>If we were in the wild,
>we'd be eating meat.

Most primates (in the wild) live off a diet of primarily plants and some insects. Very few (I can't think of any) live on a diet of raw meat. So you statement about humans in the wild makes no sense.

>
>Plain and simple.
>
>Which is why I kinda laugh
>when I hear vegetarians calling
>it the natural choice.
>
>Good choice? Maybe. Natural? Far from
>it.
>

Meat must be cooked to prolong optimal health in humans. Primates (in the wild) DO NOT COOK their food. Only a plant-based diet can be consumed uncooked and stil promote optimal health. Since uncooked foods are more natural than cooked foods, a plant-based must therefore be a more "natural" choice than meat-eating.

>Everyone
>should be idealy eating like
>we do back in Italy.

What is Italian eating like?

>But going stricly vege, not
>entirely necessary.
>

"Necessary" is relative to the one's desired goals at living.

My reasons for not eating meat:
1. Meat and animal product-consumption is not necessary for optimal health.
2. Meat and animal product-consumption has more adverse effects than eating only plants. Negatives of plant consumption generally revolves around a nutrient deficiency which is only the result of not eating an adequate variety of foods while the negatives surounding meat consumption not only include nutrient deficiency but also cause an influx of free radicals, toxins and substances that do not easily pass through the digestive tract.

Peace
Solarus

>I actually tried it for a
>bit, I had to eat
>four meals a day cause
>I was always hungry. I
>don't have time for all
>that cookin!
>
>Just thought I'd throw that in
>there . . .
>
>Marinera: It's a sauce, not a
>chick's name, dig?
>
>Giving you true calcio since 1986
>
>
>AIM: Marinera81
>MAIL: jonah_b27@hotmail.com
>
>Check out http://www.greatergood.com Help end world
>hunger, save the rainforest, help
>stop AIDS in Africa, help
>children survive in 3rd world
>countries, stop breast cancer, and
>give treatment to landmine victims
>in less than a minute
>a day! FOR FREE! NO
>FORMS TO FILL OUT AND
>NO STRINGS! REALLY!!!

"Activism is the practice of using an internal, self-determining source of power to live one's life and/or enact some sort of change. Power is the ability to define reality, while self-determination is to decide or define one's self. Therefore activism, is not simply something done to right some wrong or to fight some cause but rather it is a way of life. Activism is the way of life where one can define self and change anything that may impede or control the reality that one chooses to live."-Solarus