Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThink about what you eat:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16643
16643, Think about what you eat:
Posted by B9, Fri Mar-23-01 10:56 AM
I am not a strict vegetarian; i eat fish and some chicken/turkey, but only free-range and home prepared.
If people just thought about what they are eating, we wouldnt have the 4 million cases of foodpoisoning caused by meat each year. Why would you order a piece of food that may or may not be a cow, handled behind a closed door that may or may not be cooked properly. It is spooky. I NEVER eat at a restaurant where I can't see the kitchen. That should be your number one hint that what you are about to eat may not be prepared correctly. The reason why i bring this up is because it is mainly "steakhouse" and "bbq" places that close off the kitchen.
Next, say the word of what you are wanting to eat:
Pork
Pork
Pork-swine-pig-why is it that this animal was named the most disgusting of all possible names? and three of them at that. Its because of this that I will never eat pig again. period. never.

also, any piece of food that you MUST cook in order to eat should be a warning signal: Any vegtable or friut or grain can be eaten raw and you would be fine, but eat some cow, pig, chicken raw and you are fucked. A food that must first be sanatized before you can eat it? shiver....
benine