Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Humans are not physiologically designed for meat eating
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16630
16630, RE: Humans are not physiologically designed for meat eating
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-22-01 10:19 PM
funny enough i been on thesee boards for some time...my brother used to post here...now my wife posts here...i ignored it for some time but this is too funny...

i used to be on the "i only eat organic grass" kick....through that i lost about 20 lbs...regardless all that is behind me now (al hamdulillah,muslims,feel me)...now i am a pre med major,with quite a few doctors in my family....just one simple biology 101 question...whats the difference between an OMNIVORE, HERBEVORE, AND A CARNIVORE?.....because we eat meat it doesnt make is all meat eaters...and because we eat veggies doesnt make us all veggie eaters...

i remember scrambling to eat sunflower seeds to get some zinc in my system...eating peanuts (and like by products) to get some iron and protien ect....plus all vegan types lack tryptophan and some other amino acid (look it up,i am too tired to remember)...the calorie count of your average veggie diet sucks (look it up)...weather you like it or not, we are omnivores..like your ancestors (none were all veggie)...as a matter of fact for all the "black to africa" crowd, many tribes (incliding the massai and others) rarely eat veggies in the dry season (look it up)....regardless, people dont not cook the meat because it looses nutrients, the do that to keep the meat "tender",because the heat putrifies it (it speeds it up,look it up)....and the 2 week digestion junk for meat is a big hoax...if that was the case the amino acid count of your body wouldnt increase..and you would starve to death.....

on the other hand, americans are guilty of eating TOO MUCH meat...like in the sunnah, the muslims didnt eat meat constantly,and umar ibn al khattab (ra) was cited as saying that it IS and addiction...remember the rasool (saw) loved dates soaked in milk.....older cultures resorted to SHARING at times of slaughter...this practice is rarely dont today because of "new" (heheh) storage methods...dont forget meat (not cigarettes, not school violence, or even drunk drivers) is the #1 killer of americans...the problem isnt that people lost eating veggies.. they just lost HOW TO EAT them...

as far as veggies are concerned they are at times just as dangerous..here is the list......

tape worms in cabbage and carrots...spinich that contains maggots and larvae...oops good old otho and other pesticides..ect.."genetic modification" (god only know what that does...guess we'll know in 30 years..phen phen anyone?)...

then there is the entire issue of how bad soy in general is for you (if i shouldnt give it to my kid, why should i drink it???)...regardless i am not and advocate for either...but in life the general rule is "everything in moderation"...and some never at all.....we cant make everyone vegans (including entire cultures based on meat)....and meat shouldnt be on every plate you eat.....easy