Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWill Power
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16627
16627, Will Power
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-26-01 12:44 PM
I think it all boils down to will power or lack thereof. We all know deep down that eating animal flesh, particularly farm produced, is wrong. Those who lack the will power to stop will take out that anger on vegetarians, who they see as possessing the will they lack. They also make up ridiculous reasons for their continued consumption of flesh (i.e. "We're all gonna die sometime," "The Bible says...," etc.). If we all could maximize our will power, we wouldn't feel guilty about anything, because we wouldn't do it in the first place. Follow me?

JMello

"Those of us who spent time in the agricultural sector and in the heartland, we understand how unfair the death penalty is - the death tax is."

"Si, I'm very concerned about the amount of acreage in cultivation for the growth of cocoa leaves."

"...it's about past 7 here, so we're actually in different timelines."

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but my predecessors, as well. And that's why I made the decision."

"I'm about to name my brother the ambassador to Chad."

"They don't seem to be flocking in right now, but it is dove season in Texas. I'm a hunter and if I decide to shoot some dove, I'll shoot 'em and eat 'em."

--President-Select George W. Bush--