Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Old Argument
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16625
16625, RE: Old Argument
Posted by guest, Sat Mar-24-01 10:41 PM
>Still silly.
>
>Go over to Africa right now
>and tell the people there
>these "facts" and you'll get
>laughed at. Most people in
>other parts of the world
>don't have enough time to
>sit and debate "is it
>okay for me to eat
>this animal?" "am i not
>being a kind and compassionate
>person?" "is my body designed
>to digest meat?" because they
>work a lot harder than
>the average American to get
>by everyday in life. You
>have a little free time
>so you get picky with
>what you eat and then
>try to push it on
>the entire world not
>realizing most don't have it
>as good as you and
>aren't going to change their
>diet just because you read
>a few books about vegetarianism
>and African history, and visited
>PETA's website.

You still missed my point. Whether these modern day Africans laugh at me for my suggestions or "fact" statements, whether they have time to debate the moral, health, or other issues involved when eating meat, or whether they have to work harder to get by in life, or whatever else, my point remains the same.

HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT MADE TO DIGEST ANIMAL FLESH!! Just because you eat meat because you the like the taste of it; or because you have no other food source available; or just because this is the way yo mama dem raised you, it doesn't change the fact that you, as a human being, was not designed to eat meat.

As I stated before, you can eat it for whatever reason you want to eat it, and it really doesn't matter to me. Just don't try to con folks into believing that somehow, meat eating is healthy.

Meat kills? I
>know of people that have
>lived past 100 and ate
>meat. But they ate it
>the proper way - in
>moderation. Too much of anything
>is bad, including vegetarian propaganda.
>
It's believable that you know some people who ate meat all of their lives and lived past 100. I can believe that. But just imagine how much longer they could've lived had they stayed off of the animal flesh.

I know some people who have lived very long lives, and they had eaten meat all of their lives. I gotta say that the quality of life for most of these folks was not the best in the world. Suffering their last days with high blood pressue and cholestorol, diabetes, arthritis and other diseases that can often be linked to meat eating. It did/does not have to be that way.

Of course, eating meat in moderation is better than being a gluttonous meat eater, but not eating it at all is even better.

"Truth will make you depart from that which you say you believe." - NaSheed Fakhrid-Deen

"...And we are loved for being ignorant and hated if we are militant..." - Alafia Pudim of the Last Poets.

"The first generation of Negroes were INTIMIDATED BY white supremacy.
The second generation of Negroes WORSHIPPED white supremacy.
The new generation of Negroes IS white supremacy." - "Evolution" by Amiri Baraka