Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Old Argument
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16623
16623, RE: Old Argument
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-23-01 08:12 PM
>That's a bit of silly racism
>towards Europeans. All of Africa
>is fertile? Last time I
>check most of Egypt and
>some of Ancient Nubia is
>desert. Maybe you're calling the
>highly appreciated Ancient Egyptian and
>Nubian civilization a "cave culture"
>. .?
>
Yusuf

Put the pork chop down and read the quote more closely. The quote stated "HISTORICALLY, the eating of dead animal corpses in African cultures was a part of cermonies, religious rites or A SUBSTITUTE IN CASES WHERE NO OTHER PRIMARY FOOD SUPPLY EXISTED."*
*(caps added for emphasis).

The Nile was a very fertile land back in the day along with many other parts of Africa. Read and comprehend things IN CONTEXT. The quote explicitly stated, "HISTORICALLY". Meaning a long time ago.

The quote also stated that some Africans ate meat as a SUBSTITUTE IN CASES WHERE NO OTHER PRIMARY FOOD SUPPLY EXISTED. Meaning, that some Africans ate meat when the land did not supply them with ample enough food.

But, like I said before, whether they ate meat or not and whether Africa was or was not, is or is not a fertile land/continent, human beings are STILL not designed to eat meat. People may do it anyway for a variety of reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that we were not built to process animal flesh.

>The fact is that the only
>reason you're able to talk
>this freely about food is
>because it is so readily
>available for you to eat.
>This is only a recent
>thing. It has nothing to
>do with Europeans forcing the
>idea of eating meat on
>other people or any other
>silly racist idea. Be realistic.
>

You chose to call meat a food; I disagree with that. It is not meant to be food for human beings. I have no problem with you or anyone else eating meat if that's what you want to do. Just don't try to sell to me or to anyone else, while in my presence, that the human body is designed or is built to digest/process meat or that somehow, meat is good for people to eat. If you like it because of it's taste, that's one thing but don't try to convince/mislead others into this idea that meat is good for us. It just ain't so.

There was many things that Europeans passed on/forced upon us when we were kidnapped. Different names, different God (concept of God), different language, different culture, etc... We had no say about what we would accept or not accept.

Historically, most Europeans had to eat meat because, for the most part, Europe is a barren land. It doesn't produce much vegetation.

When they were in the cave, it was a part of their culture to kill animals and eat their flesh for food. This is the way they did things. This became apart of their culture and as such, it was passed down from generation to generation to generation, etc...all the way down to the slave holders of our great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

As "masters" over our ancestors, they dictated much of our existence. One of the other things that they forced on us (our ancestors) during slavery (along with diffent names, language, etc.) was this culture of animal flesh eating.

We got it from them. They got it from the days that they were cave dwellers. It was apart of their culture while they were cave dwellers; hence, the word cave culture.

Dispute the facts, Money.

"Truth will make you depart from that which you say you believe." - NaSheed Fakhrid-Deen

"...And we are loved for being ignorant and hated if we are militant..." - Alafia Pudim of the Last Poets.

"The first generation of Negroes were INTIMIDATED BY white supremacy.
The second generation of Negroes WORSHIPPED white supremacy.
The new generation of Negroes IS white supremacy." - "Evolution" by Amiri Baraka