Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: it's trendy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16569&mesg_id=16594
16594, RE: it's trendy
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-22-01 10:15 AM
I don't buy this "its trendy" bullshit. Do not fucking compare me to some 15 year old, backpack wearin' motherfuker because I choose not to eat meat.

I became vegetarian becasue I became Buddhist. Its all about karma. When you do something, the affects of that reflect back onto you. And I don't mean any magic or cosmic bullshit. Im talking about simple stuff. When you KILL something you are harming another being. That is reflected back onto you and you are going to suffer. I don't mean that you are going to get cancer because god is going to strike you down or whatever. I am saying that you will be unhappy becasue you are KILLING. You will search and search for a reason for your suffering, but until you stop killing and stop doing wrong by other beings, you cannot be relieved of that suffering.

So, its a personal choice. You can KILL all you want, or you can stop and achieve some real happiness. Thats why I'm vegan.

Also, to top it off is the fact that meat is BAD for you. You can get just as much protein from tofu as beef, but with about 90% less fat.

And meat is fucking dirty. The things they do to these animals and the shit they do to process it is disgusting. We remove ourselves from the cycle by wrapping it in plastic and making it look clean. Its not. Read "The Jungle" and then decide if you want to put that shit into your body.

One more point: people always talk about breaking away from your parents and traditions when they do things you think are wrong. Say your parents are racist and you never question it because thats how you were raised. I'm gonna say that you are a piece of shit! So, your parents eat meat and you have never questioned it. How are you different from the hick motherfucker whose parents are in the KKK? Not at all. Read. Learn about meat. Make the decision for yourself and see. If you can learn about the shit they do to animals and look me in the face and say that it is ok and you are going to eat it I will say, "fine, eat it". Until then, all of your trendy bullshit can suck my dick.

Sorry about the inflamatory tone, this is something I feel very strongly about and the image of those backpack punks at the show last week has gotten me all heated.

Russell
Austin, TX