Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Thug Life?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16535&mesg_id=16551
16551, RE: Thug Life?
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-27-01 04:57 AM
T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E.-- The Hate You Gave Lil' Infants Fucks Everybody. Pac was a revolutionary with a good heart and good intentions who got siderailed by stardom, beef, and betrayal. Despite all that, his Thug Life project (yeah-- it was supposed to be a series of albums) was designed to get some brothers who were caught up in the game off the street and into the studios, to get them to do something more positive. It's sad that his move to Death Row averted his attention from the activism he drew his fame from to Thuggin on record and bicostal beef. Either way, u've got 2 give it to the man. He seriously was the Rose that grew from concrete. For ya'll who don't know about that poem he wrote, search for that isht quick...
Peace,
Mstr J aka InfiniteStruggle
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress"-- Frederick Douglass
"Definitions belong to the definer, not the defined."--Toni Morrison
"They toast death and pain like slaves on a ship talkin bout who got the flyest chain"-- Talib Kweli
"Know thyself"-- Latin Proverb
"A Luta Continua"--Caribbean proverb, Portuguese for "the struggle continues"
"Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished"-- 2Pac on the acronym "N.I.G.G.A." (from "Words of Wisdom")
"No Malcolm X in my histoy text why's that?/ Cuz he tried to educate and liberate all blacks/Why's Martin Luther King in my book each week/cuz he told blacks if they get smacked to turn the other cheek."--2Pac, "Words of Wisdom"