Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNever Ignorant
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16535&mesg_id=16548
16548, Never Ignorant
Posted by poetx, Tue Mar-27-01 07:03 AM
Gittin Goals Accomplished (N.I.G.G.A.), as in "Strictly For My..."

I actually argued (it was good natured) w/ Pac for about 15 minutes about the terminology. I was doing music reviews for YSB and that was my first interview -- nothin' major, just about 120 lines but he was cool and we talked for about 40 minutes.

my thing was why you perpetuating that word, and his take was (paraphrased) "heads are saying it anyway, I feel like if I can put a positive spin on it, then that's doing a good thing". we agreed to disagree on that, but i had to respect that he'd thought out his position.

so it makes sense that he'd envision Thugg Life as a continuation of the same philosophy -- take an existing 'negative', and try to make that a positive, reach the brothas an sistas where they at.

of course, 'Pac was also mad conflicted, as we all are, so its easy to see how he could have ended up off course. its ironic that when he was talkin to me, he was saying that "Strictly..." would be his last album. i was like, nah, you gotta keep doing your thing, and i don't seriously think he would have stopped, but he was feeling the strain of what he was becoming (beef w/ the FBI, beef w/ Vice President Quayle, etc.).

peace & blessings,

x.