Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectdon't be like that sweetie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16495&mesg_id=16510
16510, don't be like that sweetie
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-29-01 12:34 PM
>>thats why we didnt answer him

only because certain answers have to asked the same way, if you talk into another language than me, we get a translator. in this case the way the questions were asked and the appropriate answers can't even find equilibrium with a translator. they are really THAT different. its like teaching someone something on a chalkboard that HAS to be experienced. could i teach a martial art on paper? no. that's why there's the african worldview post. M2 asked the same question, and said write a five minute outline?!? can you see why we'd have a perplexed attitude? "it's like explaining astrophysics to a whino" the explanation can't be done like that, when people try to simplify it, they ask the other person to tailor the answers their cultural context. and trying to cater afrikan ideals to european understanding is a REAL sin.

(((((PEACE)))))

"You're comparing apples and oranges, my friend. Oversimplification is not the way to "win" an argument. I'm glad you're convinced that what you're doing is right. Are they giving out prizes to the people who bring in the most converts this week?" --quoted by janey(my new heroine)to abduhu. *a clear glimpse of the truth*

"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought