Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIt's Taoist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16468&mesg_id=16481
16481, It's Taoist
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-27-01 08:37 AM
The sage whose words are ambiguous you call great.
Those who advocate discipline you shun.
With one, you treat words the way you want.
With the other, you resent having no quarter.

The first stanza reminds me of how people can lose themselves and still rely on the information of the west. specifically nutrition. so much was said in the vegetarian posts on just surface regurgitated data that i know people don't really know what they're talking about which is why when their information is scrutinized they shut up and never respond. western information concerning nutrition is contradictory within itself so in reality people can say anything, be refuted, then come up with another answer that will justify their claim. SEE anything posted by Marinera

The second stanza reminds me that there are those out there that call for action which requires discipline, something activists all have, but those who don't fear. to say one was vegetarian and stopped because it was too hard or couldn't resist cravings or was nutrient deficient, is just sad on the individual's part not the lifestyle. this is proven by all the healthy vegans like ourselves. simply put "if you aren't now, you never were" don't just make excuses. SEE posts by MAHI

the third stanza gets on the idea of people easily manipulationg the rhetorical nature of western talk/information to fufill their ideology regardless of whether its true or not TO THEMSELVES and how often i see it happen here. SEE posts by Yusuf

the last stanza shows how people react to those people described in the second part, those having the discipline to ACT not only TALK. a book will only take you so far, people can read on and on how a vegetarian diet is better but only 3 or 4 will ACTUALLY do it. SEE post by blessnm

PEACE