Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Palestinians and Israeli-Arabs?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16338&mesg_id=16378
16378, RE: Palestinians and Israeli-Arabs?
Posted by abduhu, Thu Mar-22-01 07:55 AM
bismillah

good question. will try to answer as best as i can(somebody help me!)

>Greetings,
>
>What is the difference between Palestinians
>and Israeli-Arabs (and other Arabs
>for that matter)?

palestinians are muslims and christians, but mostly muslim.(someone correct me if im wrong, and dont drop an elbow on me, please.)
israeli arabs are jews.

but they all are arabs, palestinian, saudi, israeli, yemeni: arabs!

>Are
>Israeli-Arabs those who conceded to
>the creation of the Israeli
>state and chose to remain
>there as Israeli citizens, while
>Palestinians rejected this?

oh no. the europeans israelis are the main force behind this.

>Or
>are Palestinians, as a group,
>identified as people that historically
>came from ancient Philistine (from
>which, I think, the name
>Palestine is derived), whereas Arabs
>are historically from the land
>to the south?

correct, but at some point in time the arabs mixed w/ them.

>
>Just wondering, because in news reports
>I've seen references to both,
>and wondered why one group
>(the Palestinians) were in one
>situation, while another group (Israeli
>Arabs) were in quite a
>different situation, and why Israel
>treats each group differently?

b/c one group is muslim, and the other is jewish/israeli.

>If there's a link to
>this somewhere else on the
>web, that would be great...

not yet.

Allah says about Truth and Falsehood in The Qur'an:
21:18 Nay! We hurl The Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out it's brain, and behold, falsehood perishes! Ah! woe be to you for the false things you ascribe.

Allah says about Man in The Qur'an:
10:12 When trouble toucheth a man, He crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!
10:19 Mankind was but one nation, but differed (later). Had it not been for a word that went forth before from thy Lord, their differences would have been settled between them.
10:22 He it is Who enableth you to traverse through land and sea; so that ye even board ships;- they sail with them with a favourable wind, and they rejoice thereat; then comes a stormy wind and the waves come to them from all sides, and they think they are being overwhelmed: they cry unto Allah, sincerely offering (their) duty unto Him saying, "If thou dost deliver us from this, we shall truly show our gratitude!"
10:23 But when he delivereth them, behold! they transgress insolently through the earth in defiance of right! O mankind! your insolence is against your own souls,- an enjoyment of the life of the present: in the end, to Us is your return, and We shall show you the truth of all that ye did.

subhakallahumma wabihamdika ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa attuubu ilaika