Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: American Feelings on Arab Muslims and Christians
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16338&mesg_id=16375
16375, RE: American Feelings on Arab Muslims and Christians
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-21-01 10:07 PM
>There is no reason to believe
>that the Palestinians would respect
>Jewish and Christian holy places.
>If you remember what happened
>when Jordan had control of
>East Jerusalem, you would know
>this. What the Palestinians recently
>did in Nablus is also
>in violation of the Oslo
>Accords.

First of all, you can't assume what the Palestinians will do when in control of East Jerusalem based on Jordan's actions. Palestinians are Palestinians and Jordanians are Jordanians, each with their own interests. 2ndly, it is Zionist propaganda that has tricked you into believing Israel and Christians are on the same page. The American Christian Right Wing only supports Israel for one greedy purpose: to gain AIPAC's support for Republican candidates. Israel and the Religious Right pretend that they have common interests, but they don't. The Religious Right only wants political gain, and Israel is in it to win a propaganda, public opinion war. Too bad they are badly losing the moral war that will only cost them dearly on Judgement Day.
The majority of Christians in Palestine are Palestinians and stand in solidarity with Palestinian Muslims against the illegal and immoral Israeli occupation. Let me remind you that the Palestinian people and govt. deeply respect the Palestinian Christian community and Christian history and culture deeply rooted in Palestine. Govt. Ministers and Arafat himself always have attended Christmas Mass since Bethlehem was rightly returned to the Palestinians. Don't get me wrong, I do have personal problems w/Arafat and the current govt., but when it comes to Christians, they have shown the utmost respect.
About the Oslo Accords, let me remind you that building settlements is not only a violation of the Oslo Accords, but a violation of International Law. The attack in Nablus occurred in the heat of the moment when hatred ran rampant when a mob overran and overpowered Palestinian police there to protect the shrine. But if Israel completely withdraws from Occupied Palestine and treats the Palestinians with respect and as real human beings, old wounds will eventually heal and Jews will not have to worry about having their shrines destroyed. It is Israel that could potentially collapse Al Aqsa Mosque by allowing tunnels and archaelogical digs to go on under the Mosque.

Bottom Line: A complete and full Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, freedom and independence for Palestine, and mutual respect for human rights, religious rights and the people will only solve the problem. And don't give me the "look at all the concessions Israel has made" excuse. It is the Palestinians who have conceded that they only want 22% of historical Palestine to build their own state on. And although the Palestinians have committed some "terrorist" actions, Occupation of a group of people is not exactly a friendly job, I would even go so far to say that it, too, is terrorism at its highest form. Top that off with a war criminal (Sharon) as your leader????