Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hmmm?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16338&mesg_id=16346
16346, RE: hmmm?
Posted by Sudani, Mon Mar-19-01 02:57 PM
I think that there will be caution at times because a muslim will not change overnight, he has to learn various things and it is a lifelong journey. Islam acknowledges stages people go through but encourages motion and not stagnation. So whereas a person may have problems they have to work out(who doesn't) they eventually,with the grace of Allah, learn how to channel the energy toward something more productive.

I actually had an experience that was a landmark to me. I was watching a video of a well known student of Islam named Hamza Yusef. I gained a whole lot of important perspectives and information from what he had learned. It did not dawn on me until many many months later that he was white. He was intelligent, articulate,etc., but I did not realize his race at ALL. This was important to me because this was the first time I looked at a white man without hearing "he is white" in the back of my head. It is difficult in a society that focuses more on race, than on spirit, to forget the race. This time I got the spirit first, alhamdulillah.

Sudani