Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hmmm?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16338&mesg_id=16343
16343, RE: hmmm?
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-19-01 02:33 PM
I can only speak about my local community, and the answer is that everyone of any color is readily accepted. Even though my community is quite small, it is very diverse. Brothers and sisters from all over the world. Two brothers from Malaysia were visiting here for awhile and just went back. Also brothers from China have just passed through. There are Europeans, Africans, Arabs, and Asians and we all get along and race is never even an issue.

That's a reason I find it silly that some people on this board insist that Islam itself is responsible for oppression. Blaiming Islam for the African Slave Trade and stuff like that. It's very sad that people here have read a few books and received some knowledge about a subject, and sudden speak on it like they are scholars of it. And I am not saying this because I am a Muslim. I will even defend Christianity. Christianity reached Africa before it even reached Europe. And, by the way, one of the first places it reached was Ethiopia. The first Muslims to flee Makkah went to Ethiopia to seek refuge from King Negus, the Christian King of Ethiopia also called The Lion of Judah during that time. He was a trusted ally of the Prophet's (pbuh) and allowed the Muslims to take refuge there as long as needed. He also eventually embraced Islam himself.

I will not go into the story of Bilal, May Allah be pleased with him, who was the Ethiopian slave that lived in Makkah and one of the first to accept Islam because I've already seen some brothers speak on him.

The Pseudo-Scholars I've seen on this board have only fallen victim to Orientalist writings about Islam. Islam didn't spread because of the sword. It spread because the people of that time were actually expecting and looking for another prophet to come. When they received letters (most of which still exist) from the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), many realized this was the expected prophet. Also, for the countries ruled by those who were too afraid to accept Islam for political reasons, the citizens themselves begged the Muslims to come and establish a just nation. It was the example given by the Prophet (pbuh) that made people accept Islam in crowds, not slavery or war.