Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWeed Smokers: Lend me your advice please!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=1625&mesg_id=1655
1655, Weed Smokers: Lend me your advice please!!!
Posted by apex, Fri Mar-19-04 07:50 AM
peace all...

first, i want to say that i appreciate everyone's posts on this topic because it is rare that you find herb smokers with the proper perspective on the herb...

okay.... i will answer the question at hand about progression, but I first wanted a little advice from my fellow herb smokers:

i have been getting pretty serious with my music production recently, and have landed some work with some serious artists here in DC. i have made a few good relationships within the underground that I think will put me in a position to create a nice buzz about what i am doing. okay with that said, i have been faced with the dilemma of being able to afford herb (especially good herb) because I have been trying to be extremely disciplined about digging for records, continually updating my studio, and following my music passion. i have absolutely no problem with handling my herb intake and have become so integrated with it that it truly has become part of my spirtual and mental growth. it seems that my problem lately has do with Babylon's societal structure that makes herb just another commodity to be bought and sold. i find myself asking myself: music or herb? why can't I enjoy both, as that combination singularly has defined who am today. since i work with kids as my main income source, there just isn't enough room to properly pay for everything, because buying herb (with the quality and quantity that I enjoy) has stunted my progress as a musician only in respect to buying records and equipment. my goal is to have a fully professional home studio by this time next year, and I am about half way there. okay i am rambling, but you get the point... anyone here have any similar issues? anyone considered growing their own?

so, i haven't smoked in a few weeks, and have completely taken herb out of the budget and put it towards music, but i am really not feelin it. i wish i could make a way. but i vowed that i wouldn't let anything stand in my way of makin my music pop off properly. i think that is enuff to answer your concerns about progress.

peace
apex