Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectas urbgriot might say
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16066&mesg_id=16191
16191, as urbgriot might say
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-29-01 10:33 AM
afrikan lifesyle can only be understood by living it, not analyzing it. practiced more than preached. the answers you look for are so wholistic we could write volumes about it, experience though is the best teacher. independence is a western concept. interdependence afrikan. when saying starting/running a business that is independent what do you mean? when we speak of it, it probably means something different being that WE KNOW we're using the terms and concepts of someone else's language and cultural context, those listening just assume its in the same sense as theirs. independence to one might be owning a house, having a good job/or own business, and not having to ask the majority culture for anything. the people in tulsa in that sense were independent(until they were attacked and killed by the majority). another person's idea of independence might be total separation from the majority "culture" alltogether. idealistic, but having the mentality of freedom vs, virtual freedom is paramount. what do you do after getting that business/money? turn around and destroy the very thing that got you there (which coincidentally is the very thing that oppresses people now)? not likely, most set up residence and ride the wave. you said the system isn't the problem, its the people, i agree. the people though are bound to the system, and asking someone to separate after gaining the kind of "control the game" status you talked about earlier, isn't easy. could you do it?

remember yall: this is the same individual who said people were jealouse of his seven figure net worth! even mentioning that says a lot. wealthy people don't flaunt their status, they KNOW their worth. it does speak to your fram of mind though.

PEACE

"You're comparing apples and oranges, my friend. Oversimplification is not the way to "win" an argument. I'm glad you're convinced that what you're doing is right. Are they giving out prizes to the people who bring in the most converts this week?" janey (my new heroine) to abduhu. not a diss, just a clear glimpse of the truth.

"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought