Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectTIPS FOR EUROPEANS part. 2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16066&mesg_id=16177
16177, TIPS FOR EUROPEANS part. 2
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-28-01 06:01 PM
1)read Yurugu, an African Centered Critique of European thought, Culture, and Behavior. Because really, dude, you think like a European. too many people are e-mailing me asking why i'm even trying with you, but there's hope in all.

2)try, try, TRY to understand cultural connections, then you'll understand the use of the word afrikan in a non-monolithic sense as you inferred. reading this much information about afrika may be well...

3)learn your history independent of 'western literature', read what afrikans wrote about the historical instances you listed, READ YOUR OWN HISTORY! (this means learning AT LEAST two or three other languages as some of of are engaged in, but that may not help in your capitalistic endeavors)

4)be honest about your culture.

5)Don't use conjecture about what I or any other afrikan scholar thinks about "our" history. I know more than you could imagine. I "KNOW" you were educated in the west. So your perspective about Afrika will "HAVE" to be distorted. I need not challenge this as you will more likely expose yourself the more you talk.
talk. talk.

not once have you reflected on whether your culture is righteous or positive/progressive. i wonder why.

"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought