Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthe niche/ support systems..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16066&mesg_id=16145
16145, the niche/ support systems..
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Wed Mar-28-01 05:39 AM
that schools create is unparalled...

whites have the luxury of having many friends in higher positions of power (usually cause they have white faces just like their own)...and lets just say one was to lose their job...and was having a hard time finding one....is that graduate EVER really faced with hardships? they could always call up one of their college chums and you KNOW a job would be 'found' for them...the good ol' boy system....no matter HOW broke or poor they might look...there is a society and a system that that graduate can always be accepted back into and found belonging too...priviledge...period.

a white graduate is never broke...

I'm going to speculate (sarcasm) that no matter how many successful graduates you have from HBCU's...there will never be a priviledge ladder system like that...it takes leaders and power positions to trickle down so that others can see potential...i'm just not seeing that in segregated schools. (again, my dealings with K-12 in detroit)

Much love,
Kyle

sellin' sigs since 1999