Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectmine too
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=16066&mesg_id=16119
16119, mine too
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Wed Mar-28-01 03:12 AM
I got the opportunity to attend a few days of the trial...and I must say...as much as we'd hope and think blacks wouldn't "need" aa to get into higher education...the numbers and hard facts get very disheartening...the rate at which they drop are INSANE...

University of Texas in Austin (I've lived there and this is one of the attitudes that you can TRULY feel within' the town)...after George W's Top 20 or whatever plan he intiated...UT Austin's Law school black attendees dropped to 4, 4 fucin' new students were admitted!!! to one of the nations top law schools!! are you telling me, mr. bush, that before you were just letting students in because they were black?? bullshit, law school grads still need great LSAT scores (which can also be argued against), good undergrad scores, great references, etc....now all of a sudden well prepared black students just don't exist? fuckin' old boy admission fucks...

And it doesn't stop there, California has had some dramatic affects, drops in latino/black admissions in it's more prestegious colleges (UCLA/ UCBerekly) have been bad...
Opponants of aa want to tell you that Asian American numbers at berekly have gone up so that's a good thing about the abolishment out there...*eyes roll*....san diego alone is larger than 50% latino, and yet the school enrollments of latino is around 5-8%!!!
Doesn't it make sense that the schools around you should at least look a *little* like the surrounding state that is funded by YOUR money? They are supposed to be shaping leaders for tommorow, but they look nothing like your neighbor....it's all pretty scary.

Much love,
Kyle

sellin' sigs since 1999