Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectTIME TO REREAD IT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15693&mesg_id=15702
15702, TIME TO REREAD IT
Posted by guest, Wed Apr-18-01 12:40 PM
Surprising to some, but not to others. i watch the movie everyday. not because of it being one of 3 dvd's i have, but because i like the intro to the movie,(burning american flag/white man being the biggest hypocrite/rapist...etc. really gets that hate fired up early in the morning. :) ) and the transformation he made into the man we knoe as Malcolm X. I also liked the second transformation from NIO to Islam and the part where the Muslim is singing with the pyramid backdrop (shut up SOLARUS!). About the only part i didn't like was Ossie Davis at the end, for obvious reasons.

What does this have to do with the book? Well, i read it AFTER seeing the movie which i had considered the "true story" when i used to watch it when i was younger. My queen's parents made her do the opposite, so her perspective was different than mine. She's also into film and media which gives a little information on our stances within this conversation:

(((((PEACE)))))