Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectexperienced as well
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15693&mesg_id=15701
15701, experienced as well
Posted by guest, Wed Apr-18-01 12:29 PM
The book changed me forever. I read it last summer @ 19/20 yrs. I've given the book to people as presents, I constantly recommend it, I carry a copy in my car.
I too, began to see EVERYTHING in new light. I began to think things that I had never before. I began to do and say things that never before crossed my mind.
I really admire you young(er) people for reading it and seeing the things you do. You're lucky to have gotten exposure to it. Anyone is, but the book will affect you for the rest of your life.
I have to admit, the movie was just alright. I guess that's true a lot of the time, where the book is just SO superior to the movie.
I read the book everywhere...I was so PROUD to be reading such material, and openly displayed it. It does get reactions!
Yes, many people are in the dark about Malcolm and have again, MANY misconceptions regarding him and his life and his principles...He was feared and will continue to be feared.
I've wanted to read books re: his death and conspiracy theories surrounding it, but haven't yet. I can't remember the title exactly, but there's one that looked pretty interesting "judas factor" by karl evanzz?
Peace and good luck to you all, thanks for bringing up one of my loves.

"The choice, as every choice, is yours: to fight for freedom or be fettered, to struggle for liberty or to be satisfied with slavery, to side with life or death. Spread the word of life far and wide. Talk to your friends, read, and open your eyes-even to doorways of perception you feared to look into yesterday. Hold your heart open to truth." -Mumia Abu-Jamal (inside cover of "Unbound Project: Volume 1")

ATTENTION!!!If you have not read "THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X," you MUST.