Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: for utamaroho and solarus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15639&mesg_id=15663
15663, RE: for utamaroho and solarus
Posted by guest, Tue Apr-17-01 02:06 PM
1. what did kmt say about merneptah?
2. what is the ipuwer text?
3. those questions from post #16 on "ancient light from africa" thread.

i'm not qualified to answer these questions the way i want to yet. not until i learn how to read hieroglyphs/demotic/coptic...catch me in a few years though.

brifly explain (the first two questions) reasons why you seek these answers? in my journey to read the language, i will keep them in mind. i've heard of them but don't KNOW.

What do you think of circular logic(begging the question)?

I once had a friend who said she believs in the god of the bible because she had "faith". when asked specifically about where her faith came from, and specifics about it, she spouted bible verses. when i analyzed the bible ad presented "flaws", she went back to the "faith" argument and said "well i believe that the bible is accurate, i have faith". when asked about her faith, she again used the bible for refernce. and so on and so forth...

basically, using a text to justify a personal belief. and when asked about the text, using personal belief to substantiate it.

note: that this personal belief is beyond the realm of attack since it is "personal" and "untouchable." this plays on peoples' tendency to not attack others' personal belief so that one's own are not crticized.

(((((PEACE)))))