Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: for utamaroho and solarus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15639&mesg_id=15662
15662, RE: for utamaroho and solarus
Posted by abduhu, Wed Apr-18-01 03:47 AM
bismillah

>would you say your statements about
>ALLAH are your opinion?

no. they are from Him in His book. and any WRONG THING that i have said about Him, comes from the prompting of shaytan and my own self.

Better put,
>would you say your statements
>of Islam are applicable to
>anyone?

no. but they can be applied by ANYONE who wishes to apply them.
i myself applied certain islamic practices b4 becoming muslim. and i must say they certainly were beneficial.

the reason i say
>your statements are universal, is
>because you say things like:
>
>
>i don't care if you from
>africa or shmafrica, arabia or
>asia......no HUMAN BEINGS CANNOT COME
>UP W/ ANYTHING PERFECT, B/C
>THEY AINT PERFECT
>
>a statement like this is from
>your obvious personal perspective(WHICH IS
>RELATIVE) but when challenged by
>others, you use the same
>perspective (NON RELATIVE) to support
>your view.

no its not. its from Allah. not necessarily in those exact words, but round about. and as far as the above statement is concerned, it waS challenged by NO ONE.

"Do they not consider the Qur’an with care. If it had been from other than Allah (God) it would contain many contradictions. (Qur’an An-Nisa 4:82)

oops, did i just do it again?

>EXAMPLE:
>statement 1 )everybody should pray for
>allah's forgiveness(relative, cool statement)
>
>when challenged turns into:
>
>2) allah tells us to pray
>in this surah (non relative
>dogmatic use of own text,
>which applies to muslims and
>does not appeal to the
>audience who are non-muslims, thus
>sounding like a zelous christian)

the problem w/ the above is: it is not an example of something that i have, am saying, or would say. you sound foolish implying that I would even fix my mouth or brain to relay such nonsense. how and why, could i and would i, tell someone to pray for Allah's forgiveness, if i know that they dont really know who Allah is? they have to know who Allah is b4 they ask. its like you asking the orishas (or whoever) for something and you think that they are other than what they are.
i understand it is an example, and you were not saying that i said that. i understand what you are trying to say, but it is a sorry example. if you feel i didnt get the gist, try again.

>why is this even remotely interesting
>to me: because the sae
>thing is done with historical
>information presented from a so-called
>"objective" POV.
>
>Also comparing your unviersalizing to mine
>is not good argument.
why is it "universal" for ppl to point the finger, but not be able to accept getting pointed at. i OPENLY admitted mine. you hid yours in the above statement: "comparing your unviersalizing to mine". what an admission and key to solving your problem.

that's
>like pointing to a fat
>person and letting them know
>that "hey, you're fat and
>unhealthy" and they point right
>back at you and say
>the same.
the problem isn't
>solved, just displaced.

exactly. so why are you doing it? weigh yourself b4 you put me on the scale!

just because
>you say i did the
>same thing doesn't make you
>any less wrong for doing
>so.

i never said it did. and was not trying to escape it. i admitted it, didnt i?
what you fail to realize is that there are some generalizations and universalizations that im comfortable making. and the statement about humans not being able to make anything perfect-is one of them. and you agreed w/ me.
like you USED to say quite frequently: i call it like i see it. and the otherone about the duck being a duck, so call it a duck.

and yes, there are
>varying degrees of what the
>term "universalizing" means, as you've
>illustrated, just don't use that
>argument again. it might get
>you into some trouble one
>day when someone sets you
>up in a debate.

it just might. if i AM EVEN DEBATING w/.

btw, since there is NOTHING confirmed in a translation of the original text about merneptah and his life (and its obvious you dont trust the europeans enough to use theirs, so i dont expect you to come back later using theirs), you cant dispute w/ the quran about whether or not the events w/ Moses and merneptah (pharoah) actually took place, can you?

in other words: you cant disprove it, like i cant prove it.
in other other words: the quran is still standing and hasnt been proved otherwise!

>anything perfect created by humans or
>afrikans? no
like i said. didnt think so.

>no let's reduce that more... I
>AM (beyond perfection)
lets just say for sake that you really were.
wouldnt and couldnt you get it right the first time, w/o having to come back and explain and justify? i mean really....that's perfection and beyond!!!

subhakallahumma wabihamdika ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa attuubu ilaika