Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: for utamaroho and solarus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15639&mesg_id=15647
15647, RE: for utamaroho and solarus
Posted by guest, Tue Apr-17-01 01:47 PM
when asked, i will say these statements represent my perspective and are applicable only to myself:

if negroes dont get back to practicing the ways of our ancestors, they will never find themselves and will always be lost. they will always be westernized, the "system" will always oppress the african who has no knowledge of himself, etc, etc....

would you say your statements about ALLAH are your opinion? would you say they are applicable to everything?/every person?/everywhere? Better put, would you say your statements of Islam are applicable to anyone? the reason i say your statements are universal, is because you say things like:

i don't care if you from africa or shmafrica, arabia or asia......no HUMAN BEINGS CANNOT COME UP W/ ANYTHING PERFECT, B/C THEY AINT PERFECT

a statement like this is from your obvious personal perspective(WHICH IS RELATIVE) but when challenged by others, you use the same perspective (NON RELATIVE) to support your view.

EXAMPLE:
statement 1 )everybody should pray for allah's forgiveness(relative, cool statement)

when challenged turns into:

2) allah tells us to pray in this surah (non relative dogmatic use of own text, which applies to muslims and does not appeal to the audience who are non-muslims, thus sounding like a zelous christian)

why is this even remotely interesting to me: because the sae thing is done with historical information presented from a so-called "objective" POV.

Also comparing your unviersalizing to mine is not good argument, that's like pointing to a fat person and letting them know that "hey, you're fat and unhealthy" and they point right back at you and say the same. the problem isn't solved, just displaced. just because you say i did the same thing doesn't make you any less wrong for doing so. and yes, there are varying degrees of what the term "universalizing" means, as you've illustrated, just don't use that argument again. it might get you into some trouble one day when someone sets you up in a debate.

anything perfect created by humans or afrikans? no

I AM PERFECT though...

no let's reduce that more... I AM (beyond perfection)

(((((PEACE)))))