Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectUNIVERSALISM FALLS UNDER THESE TWO:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15580&mesg_id=15581
15581, UNIVERSALISM FALLS UNDER THESE TWO:
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-29-01 08:57 AM
Cultural Focus:

Culture optimal For Each specific Group vs One's own culture is optimal for every other group

&

Cultural Differences In Psychological Functioning vs Western Psychological Functioning as Standard

Here's an example: the statement "Prostitution is the oldest profession" is an European asssertion, one made without even observing ALL cultures, just self. After obseving self and coming up with statements like "human nature" and "everybody does it", western (european) culture goes on to apply its template onto others. Everybody understand so far? Any questions?

"You're comparing apples and oranges, my friend. Oversimplification is not the way to "win" an argument. I'm glad you're convinced that what you're doing is right. Are they giving out prizes to the people who bring in the most converts this week?" janey (my new heroine) to abduhu. not a diss, just a clear glimpse of the truth.

"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought