Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti feel as tho children should be placed...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15536&mesg_id=15539
15539, i feel as tho children should be placed...
Posted by morpheme, Tue May-01-01 06:24 AM
where they are:
wanted
expected
& prepared for

ideally yes...children should be in the most rewardin of environments...culturally...financially...& so forth...but children languishin in a system of open & shut doors...no OPPORTUNITY to learn of themselves or anything/one else...that's what pains me...a child does not necessarily find their "way" amongst ppl who just so happen to share their melanin

it takes all kinds to make the world go round...& many blk ppl need to attest to the fact that blk ppl raised by blk parents in blk areas make THEM feel better & don't threaten the status quo...see...we take issue when blk children are not raised in predominantly blk areas...{completely blk for some}...but what is this a TRUE issue of???...classism???...or race???...we forget the stances we took in tryin to protect these children's cultural identities when we encounter them in college or in the work place...they're no longer "ours"...but transform into "thems"...truth be told...the "type" of blk ppl we feel as tho these transracially adopted children will develop into can be rear'd in blk homes in certain neighborhoods or w/a certain level of financial security...{blk ppl raise "out of touch" blk children who have identity issues as well}

my bottomline???

i would like to see blk children raised WELL in blk homes

my bottom-bottomline???

i want all children to have a chance at a homelife...to experience livin in an environment of love & acceptance & to develop their characters thru all resources at their bequethal...even if on a small scale

sister sisters
i know u're watching me
there are alot of {games} reachin for u constantly
when u think u're grown
u enter the unknown
baby
check...yo'self
brace...yo'self
protect...yo'self
face...yo'self

~mayfield