Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthis right here:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15482&mesg_id=15493
15493, this right here:
Posted by Binlahab, Thu May-03-01 09:48 AM
"but I don't want to live next door either" ~ M2

remember that lil line? your black in the eyes of the masses (i assume, if your white, your merely racist.) meaning that when someone of whatever color looks at you, you'd be considered black. where your family (God forbid) bankrupted and you were forced to move in next door to a lower economic neighborhood surrounded by lower economic people, you would be disgusted @ your situation. you feel that this lower economic neighborhoods are not the place for someone liek you. What you dont seem to understand, is that those people your new neighbors, are people just like you. who want the best for their families just like you. they aren't sadistic murderers or crackheads (at least not all of them) they are good by and large tax paying, family supporting, poor black folks. They make EXCELLENT neighbors. if you would drop your pretensions, and invest in a home in a lower economic neighborhood, you'd see this. instead you see the young boys on the corner, and are afriad they'll rob you. and they might. but not because they are crazy, and looking for thrills (as suburb kids will rob u for just those reasons) they'll rob you because your walking around liek your shit doesn't stink, blowing by ppl w/o saying excuse me, not giving a nod when you look @ some, and in general treating people as if they are inferior to you. that, and they are hungry and the corner weed traffic is slow. Those are YOUR people. or does the fact that you have money and education suddenly seperate you from them?

I mean, am I wrong?

and you want to know HOW your a snob? NIGGA, please.

'i cant tell where yours ends, and mine begins...' i.a

maintain your composure, kiko.