Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Why don't Black kids go to college?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15404&mesg_id=15441
15441, RE: Why don't Black kids go to college?
Posted by guest, Tue May-01-01 09:27 AM
I got a better question...(damn it's been a long time since I posted)... Why do black college kids either go to college and stay for six years and never graduate, or they get out an go work for someone for the rest of their lives or until they get laid off. By this time they have incurred so much consumer debt (credit cards, car notes, mortgages) that they are in a state of financial hemorrage (sp?). Why don't more of our people take up entreprenuership as a career. There are so many things to benefit from by taking that route (I could go on and on). In my opinion, if your not trying to do your own thing, you are adding on to the piss-poor state of black folks. What happened to taking a stand on how our dollars are being earned or how they are being spent. I am 22 years old and I am in better shape financially (including my brokerage accounts and investments) then every black 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 year old I know. The sad thing is that I have only been out in the real world for five months. It doesn't make since for someone to work for A's in high school and college only to get out and surrender all of your academic and financial asets to someone else for their gain and profit. That doesn't make since to me at all. Although I never liked college.

-Musha
(Old North Holdin' it...)