Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: i don't understand
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15404&mesg_id=15436
15436, RE: i don't understand
Posted by guest, Fri May-04-01 09:24 AM
well, I see finishing college not so much as an ambition thing, but a follow through thing. yeah, it takes hard work and dedication to finish, but college is still pretty much a "charted route", whereas someone who doesnt go to college has to shuffle their cards, and be a lil more creative and ambitious to find the avenues that lead to personal success.

my aunt for instance. she aint go to college, but she shook shit up till she owned her own beauty parlor and was able to be self employed...that is ambition.

then you got my uncle, he went to college, finished with very lil ambition,like "whada fucc do I do now?" and ended up gettin in some shit.

its like, your trained to go to school for the first 20-somethin years of ya life, so thats all you know. should you choose to go to college and finish, you simply continue on the route set for you. if you decide to stray, in order to be successful, you must have genuine AMBITION AND DRIVE....

hope I made my previous ignant ass statement a lil clearer.

Dobiewon K.