Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGood question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15324&mesg_id=15366
15366, Good question
Posted by Nettrice, Fri Apr-27-01 04:02 PM
>>The same people who judge homosexuals
>>are in league with people
>>who judge me because I
>>am a woman or because
>>my skin is brown.
>>These people are all part
>>of the same "family" or
>>group. They are not
>>righteous.

Here I am being judgemental. I have to check myself, too.

>Is it really that simple?
>What if people judged you
>because you were sexually promiscuous?
> You might feel they
>were nosy or hypocritical, but
>would you compare it with
>racism or sexism? I
>guess this whole discussion comes
>down to whether or not
>homosexuality is an intricate part
>of who you are as
>a human being - i.e.,
>are you born with it?

People judge me all the time, make assumptions and misunderstand what I am on this planet to do. People judge my color, my youthful looks-vs-my experience, my appearance, etc. My sexual preference is very personal, so I am usually not judged but misjudged. When I was born, I didn't have the predisposition to homosexuality but I don't feel the need to assert my personal views on people who are homosexual. Sexuality is indeed an intricate part of being a human being, so whether or not one chooses to have sex with someone of the same gender is part of the Path, part of the contract each person has with the Universe.

>Did you ever notice that the
>other things homophobia is compared
>with tend to be undisputedly
>based on something you're born
>with? As in, apartheid
>didn't punish those who CHOSE
>to be black.

Yes, I noticed and I acknowledge a person's sexuality as part of his/her Divine agreement. Every choice has a consequence but perhaps one's sexuality goes beyond choice. Who am I to judge?

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"