Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Why No Response?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15324&mesg_id=15335
15335, RE: Why No Response?
Posted by Nettrice, Mon Apr-23-01 04:28 AM
No response because incest is a choice just like homosexuality and celibacy and abstinence. With every choice there are consequences and people must be willing to deal with the consequences, whatever they are.

Why can't people understand that each person is free to do whatever they do without judgement and why can't people be honest and real about the consequences of their choices?

I choose to be ___________ and that means I must deal with _______ and _______. I am wiiling to accept these things because I am a free person, a thinking person. If it's incest and they have children they may be putting them or their offspring at risk for genetic abnormalities. They will have to deal with a society that criticizes incest. But they love each other and they deal with it and accept the reality of it.

Is it natural? Sure it is. Is it wrong? Are you that judge that follows the standard that asserts some made up morality based on society or religion rather than look inward and judge the self?

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"