Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBullshit...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15211&mesg_id=15217
15217, Bullshit...
Posted by DivineVersatile, Fri May-11-01 05:09 AM
As a whole..folks aren't doing shit.

To answer some of your questions...Bill Cosby is a major philanthropist....so is Oprah...but you all are missing my point.

Dikembe Mutumbo....Pedro Martinez...Brian Grant are reinvesting their capital IN THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS tying to EMPOWER THE PEOPLE THAT THEY GREW UP WITH!!

Giving money to Spelman (which Bill does) helps...giving money to Morehouse (which Oprah does) helps...but does it promote Self Determination?

My point is that what does it matter if you make 215 million dollars if you are giving the money directly back to the people in control for gifts/trinkets/favors.

Rampant materialism is running crazy in our society, in our sportsa arenas, in our boardrooms, on our silver screens. We don't own none of that shit.

What kills me is the amount of salt you are willing to toss at me without realizing that, hey...when's the last time you walked into an all black supermarket...in an all black neighborhood...with quality service and products. Our capital holders could & should do that...but don't.

The Infamous DVSJ

1/4 of THE GENESIS EXPERIMENT

The album "ORIGIN UNKNOWN" is completed and coming soon!!!!