Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Defining Race in Cyberspace
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=15100&mesg_id=15169
15169, RE: Defining Race in Cyberspace
Posted by Dark_Angel, Wed May-09-01 05:43 AM
I have read all the responses previous to mine and there's alot of sense being spoken and alot of nonsense. To categorize anyone is false because no one belongs in a specific category. If someone asked me if I was white I'd have to say no and if someone asked me if I was black I'd say no. I am of West Indian & European descent - my people were slaves as well as slave owners. I am both black & white; both oppressed & oppressive; arrogant & humble; weak & strong; good and sinful. There's a balance here.

It seems to me we should be finding more reasons to bring eachother together instead of continuing to wedge ourselves further apart. I am a believer in the Creator who had reasons for why our skin is different, why our culture is different. Maybe we're all different because the Creator is testing us. We as humans shun anything that is different instead of embracing it as hidden wisdom. We can learn alot from each other, even if lately it seems we are only learning what not to do. Too many things pulling us apart.

I realize that this is for a paper, I'm not saying that it's not worthwhile, it just hurts my heart to hear people hatin'.....
....1Love & 2Fingas