Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectInterpreting Scripture
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14964&mesg_id=15034
15034, Interpreting Scripture
Posted by osoclasi, Sat May-19-01 09:20 AM
First of all I think when we look at scripture we must do so carefully. Using the laws of Hermeneutics(how to interprete the Bible or any literary work).

Answer Ezekial 1:26 when the Bible talks about images that a particular vison of God this is what is known as a theophany(literally, God-apperances). This what Adam was running from in the garden and who Moses was talking to in the burning bush. Notice he did not say he saw God directly.

Answer Daniel 7:13 This the first reference to the Messiah the coming of the Son of Man in this context this when the Messiah will return as the ruler over the entire earth verse 14.

Gen 1:26 when God places man in his own image what does he mean?
Well the bible makes it clear he is not human John 4:24 and also Ex 3:14 I AM that I Am refers to God Pure Being or Existance with no potenialiality. So how we like God because we share some of his attributes such as will, wisdom, and we feel. That is what we share with the creator.