Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGod is spirit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14964&mesg_id=15022
15022, God is spirit
Posted by Nettrice, Thu May-17-01 06:21 AM
"We know that God doesn't have a color because He doesn't have a body. He is Spirit and He's present everywhere (Ps. 139:7-12). Whether we're sitting at home or flying miles above the earth, He is there and we can call out to Him. His ears are always open to our cry (Ps. 34:15). He isn't an idol or a mere idea. God is Spirit, almighty, always present, ever available."

Why does God have to be a physical manifestation of man?

What does God's image have to do with faith? Humans are the only beings that require some kind of tangible proof to justify their existence. Image is not as important as faith. Faith requires trust in the intangible and unseen.

If I look in the mirror I would like to hope that I am seeing God's image. I am seeing God's image but not as I think God is supposed to look like. God just is. The only proof I need is faith. I see God in everything.

"Know thyself"

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you". So we may boldly say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-- Hebrews 13:5,6

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
--Morpheus in "The Matrix"

"It's our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"- Dumbledore to Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets"