Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectunkay.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=14964&mesg_id=14999
14999, unkay.
Posted by abduhu, Wed May-16-01 10:32 AM
>whattevamannn!!it's a logical question that even
>a child would ask.
it's a logical question that ONLY a child would ask, b/c of his/her inability to know any better, i.e: not intelligent enough to know, so he/she has to ask someone whom they THINKS knows.

you mean
>to tell me that since
>you were a child
definitely HAVE NOT SINCE i was a child, but maybe WHEN i was a child, but i cant say for sure, hence the negation of it all together.

you
>didn't once ask yourself what
>color god was?
im grown now. maybe i did whence, but i wasnt exactly "religious", if you get my drift.

all the
>stories that take place in
>the bible are in regions
>of the earth that we
>can prove historically where inhabited
>by people of color, and
>you never asked yourself why
>no one is openly referred
>to as black in the
>bible?
you mean to tell me that you did all this as a child? you actually thought of the regions and how "historically" there were ppl of color there, etc.? as a child?? you was a deep child boyyy!!!:7

not trying to be funny, but maybe you arent too far removed from being a child.....in other, clearer, and better words....... maybe you are not as old as some of us who werent exposed to that kind of thought as we were growing up.
im 27, my father was in the army, so i grew up around ALLTYPES of ppl. only when i moved to GA, was i exposed to the onesidedness of nationality.

and to be even more honest, i could count on 2 hands just how many black friends i had in my life,......until i moved to GA.

i still love all colors and shades of ppl, i just have MORE info about them now. and b/c of this info, now i know how to deal w/ them

Allah says in the 2nd surah, Al-Baqarah(The Cow) 2.25: But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).

subhaanakallahumma wabihamdika ashhadu anla ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa attuubu ilaika